The first step towards many construction and pipeline projects is choosing the right excavation contractor. To pick the right one, you need a company with the proper expertise in the type of excavation that you need.
Before choosing an excavation contractor, check out the following tips in order to ensure that you’re making the best choice for your project.
Do your research
Just like any other contractor, when you hire an excavator, you need to be sure that the company you choose has a strong and reliable track record so that you can rest assured that the job will be done properly and punctually.
It’s important to get multiple quotes from different companies, but keep in mind that the cheapest option isn’t always the best. When researching different excavators, you should always look for:
- A quote or contract that includes start and end dates and cleanup/restoration work
- Online reviews that tell you what to expect when working with the company
- A contractor’s license and insurance policy with enough coverage to fully reimburse you should damage to your property occur
- A company that specializes in the type of excavation you need
Understand the different types of excavation
Because one of the most critical steps in choosing the right excavation contractor is picking one that specializes in the type of excavation you need, it’s vital that you understand all of the different types available and what they entail.
- Marsh excavation– removing watery or muddy soil from wetlands, requires special marsh buggies that float and can walk on water
- Underground excavation- standard residential excavation for homeowners who need new sewage pipes or other underground pieces
- Channel excavation- removes sediment and dirt from ditches and channels to change the direction of the water
- Footing excavation- used for foundations, typically needed for structures like roads and bridges
- Drainage excavation- used for draining water from one area to another; typically needed for the installation of irrigation pipes, ditches, storm drains, and other trenches
- Roadway excavation- used to remove materials like driveways that get in the way of roadways
Hiring the right excavation contractor is critical to the safety and completion of your project. The proper excavator will have the experience and expertise necessary to get your job done swiftly and properly, and with the insurance necessary to cover any cost of injuries or damages.
At Stan’s Airboat & Marsh Excavator Service, our professional excavation contractors are well-insured, experienced, and looking forward to helping you with your excavation project. Contact us today to request a quote!